Bring these gorgeous Pumpkin Pie Cookies instead of the traditional pumpkin pie to your Thanksgiving dinner this year and surprise everyone. They take far less time to bake than many traditional Thanksgiving pies and are the prettiest bite-sized, little treats. They are the ideal no-fuss fall dessert and take less than an hour to prepare.
You can use store-bought chilled pie dough for this recipe if you’re really pressed for time. But because our handmade pie crust is so delicious and simple to make, we have to suggest it if you want the flakiest cookies possible. Similarly, if you choose, you may top your baby pies with store-bought whipped topping, but our homemade whipped cream would also be a deliciously fluffy complement that can be created in 15 minutes!
Feel free to experiment, but we like to finish our cookies by sprinkling some pumpkin pie spice over the whipped cream. If you’re feeling fancy, try making a small decoration out of pie crust, candied pecans, or crushed gingersnaps.
Are you curious about the various canned pumpkin options? It might be a little perplexing. There’s no need to worry if all you have is canned pure pumpkin because it’s the same as canned pumpkin puree! Pumpkin pie filling shouldn’t be used in this recipe, though. Pumpkin puree is straightforward and customizable, whereas pumpkin pie filling has additional flavors and additives. We need a simple base, like pumpkin puree, to add to since we’ll be adding our own pumpkin pie spice and vanilla to this recipe.
Have you made these? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
|YIELDS||PREP TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|8||0 HOURS 10 MINS||0 HOURS 40 MINS|
For Pumpkin Pie Cookies Recipe
- Cooking spray
- 1 (14-oz.) refrigerated pie dough
- 1 c. canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Whipped topping, for serving
- Grease a sizable baking sheet with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 375°. Unroll pie dough onto a spotless surface. Cut circles from the crust using a 4″ round cookie cutter, then arrange them on the prepared pan. Each circle’s edge should be tucked in about 14″ before being crimped. Repeat with the second pie crust sheet.
- Pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and salt should all be combined in a medium basin. Filling is poured into each pie shell.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is firm.
- To serve, top with whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin spice.
1 thought on “Pumpkin Pie Cookies”