It’s likely that you are familiar with the delights of a delicious BBQ Chicken pizza if you have ever visited California Pizza Kitchen. In our recipe, we combine creamy mozzarella, tangy gouda, and plenty of fresh red onions and cilantro. We believe it competes favourably with reliable CPK.
Tell us how it turned out in the comments section below!
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough, divided into 2 pieces
- 2 c. cooked shredded chicken
- 3/4 c. barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. shredded gouda
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- Set oven to 500 degrees. Cooking spray should be used to oil and line two sizable baking sheets. Mix the chicken with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in a medium bowl.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a sizable circle on a lightly dusted surface, and then slide it onto the prepared baking sheet. Each pizza is topped with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, half the chicken mixture, which is spread out evenly, and 1″ of space around the perimeter. Gouda is then placed on top, followed by an even layer of red onion and mozzarella. If using, top with red pepper flakes that have been crushed. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dough is cooked through. Before serving, add cilantro as a garnish.
3 thoughts on “Perfect BBQ Chicken Pizza”