These coconut cookies are not afraid to draw attention to their star ingredient. They are soft, chewy, with slightly golden crispy edges and crispy toasted coconut scattered all over. coconut cookies recipe is gluten-free thanks to the almond flour, but all-purpose flour can also be used in place of it at a 1:1 ratio.
The secret to baking gluten-free is patience, both in allowing the dough to rest before baking and in allowing the finished product to cool completely before eating. When given enough time to hydrate and combine with the wet ingredients in the batter, almond flour performs substantially better in terms of keeping moisture: The dough needs to chill for an hour before resting. Plan properly, please!
To guarantee that each cookie has gorgeously golden coconut imbedded into it, generously top with coconut flakes before baking. If you don’t like your cookies thin and crispy like Tate’s, do not let the softness of the cookies lure you to bake them longer. The cookies will have a crunchy edge and a chewy inside if you pull them when they are golden on the edges but still blonde in the center.
Once you’ve created some, let us know in the comments section below how you enjoyed them!
|YIELDS||Preparation Time||TOTAL TIME|
|2 DOZEN||0 HOURS 10 MINS||1 HOUR 35 MINS|
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 c. (70 g.) brown sugar
- 1/3 c. (70 g.) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. (180 g.) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted, divided
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together in a big basin with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla after adding them. Once mixed, fold in the flour, baking soda, salt, and 1 cup of coconut. Bowl should be covered and chilled for up to overnight.
- Set the oven at 350 degrees and line two very big baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of coconut.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, portion the dough into balls and roll them in the coconut to coat. Arrange with a 2″ separation on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until sides are brown.
- Before serving, let baking sheet to cool fully.
- Cookies can be prepared up to two days in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature or frozen for up to a month.
Also Check :
2 thoughts on “Coconut Cookies”