You can’t go wrong with a wrap when it comes to preparing a speedy and delectable lunch in a matter of minutes. Despite the fact that there are countless ways to stuff and fold a tortilla (and we’ve been known to use them in everything from a layered quesadilla cake to brunch-worthy tortilla French toast), this traditional Buffalo chicken wrap is one that will undoubtedly keep you going back for more.
Buffalo chicken wraps are filled with a crisp blue cheese slaw consisting of cabbage and carrots, as well as hot, spicy Buffalo chicken. Making your own Buffalo sauce using oil, hot sauce, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, and paprika will be used to cover the chicken. It’s a flavorful way to eat chicken that is also nutritious.
It’s just as simple to alter this Buffalo chicken wrap as it is to prepare it. You may substitute lettuce for the slaw and the blue cheese sauce for ranch dressing. You can also use tofu or cauliflower in place of the pork. If you don’t like mayonnaise, try substituting Greek yoghurt. There is no reason for a keto dieter to miss out. Simply swap out the flour tortillas for store-bought or home-made keto tortillas. Making a quick lunch or dinner is basically a wrap with this recipe because it comes ready in about an hour regardless of how you stuff it.
- 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded carrots
- 1/2 c. shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 c. hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot Original)
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise into 1″-thick strips
- 4 large flour tortillas, warmed
- Whisk blue cheese, mayonnaise, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Toss in the carrots and cabbage after adding them. When not in use, cover and place in the fridge.
- Mix spicy sauce, cayenne, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. When not in use, cover and chill the reserved 1/4 cup sauce.
- Toss the chicken with the remaining spicy sauce mixture in a bowl. For at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours, cover and chill.
- Heat the final 1 teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Chicken should be taken out of the marinade, added to a skillet, and cooked for 4 to 5 minutes, or until no longer pink inside. Eliminate marinade.
- Place the chicken, blue cheese slaw, and saved spicy sauce on each tortilla. Roll tightly, then plate.
1 thought on “Buffalo Chicken Wrap”