You definitely can’t go wrong when choosing to use fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple. While canned pineapple is convenient, it lacks a richer, more vibrant flavor. Put a spoonful of lemon juice in it to give it some life. Fresh, ripe pineapple is frequently more fragrant, sweeter, and tasty; however, if you’re peeling and cubing a whole fruit, it will take a bit longer to prepare.
Regardless of whatever one you use, if you serve it with precisely cooked rice and a tender green, such as bok choy, you’ll have a wonderful and simple meal on the table in less than 30 minutes. Do you want to go one step further? Why not try one of our straight-up pineapple-and-chicken teriyaki bowls? We also have a sweet and sour cashew stir-fry that is suitable for vegetarians if you want additional sweet and sour flavors at your dinner table!
Let us know how it turned out if you attempted making this salty-sweet stir fry in the comments section below.
|YIELDS||PREPRATION TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|4 SERVINGS||0 HOURS 10 MINS||0 HOURS 30 MINS|
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 c. canned pineapple juice
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced (seeded if desired)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. pineapple chunks
- 1/4 c. cashews
- Thinly sliced scallions, for serving
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat oil in a big skillet over a medium-high heat. Chicken should be salted and peppered before cooking for five minutes, regularly rotating, until browned. Add the bell pepper and stir. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until just tender.
- Create the sauce in the meantime by simmering pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, garlic, and jalapeno in a small saucepan.
- Create a slurry by combining 2 teaspoons water and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisking the mixture into a pot until smooth. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the sauce to the chicken and cook for three minutes. Add pineapple and cashews and stir.
- Rice and lime should be served with scallions as a garnish.
3 thoughts on “Best Pineapple Chicken”