On this one, don’t be too hasty to throw your head back. Washington Apple Shot isn’t exactly what you’re looking for if you’re a bar hopper who likes to take shots. A variation of the Washington Apple Cocktail, the Washington Apple Shot combines cranberry juice, apple schnapps, and whiskey, usually of the Canadian variety. Pomegranate was added to spice things up! You want to savour this crisp, flavorful, and energizing beverage for a short while.
How was the name of this cocktail decided?
A bug infestation in Washington’s apple crop during the 1980s caused crop problems. But using those apples, a man by the name of Christof Guycoogan created apple liquor, which he then combined with Canadian whiskey and cranberry juice.
Should I add ice to this recipe?
Since shots are normally made with straight alcohol and no ice, I didn’t include it in the method. Liquids should be chilled if you want this to be cold.
whiskey varieties to try
Obviously, this depends on the types of whiskey you prefer. Each country has its unique style, including the American, Canadian, Irish, and Scottish. Some include overtones of spice, while others are smoother and more powerful. To determine your favorites, try some out. Irish whiskey was my choice because it was smoother than American-style bourbon.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
|YIELDS||PREP TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|2 SERVINGS||0 HOURS 5 MINS||0 HOURS 5 MINS|
- 1 oz. sour apple schnapps
- 1 oz. triple-distilled Irish whiskey
- 1/2 oz. pomegranate juice
- 1/2 oz. sweetened cranberry juice
- Juice from 1 small lime
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Whiskey, pomegranate, cranberry, and schnapps should all be mixed together in a medium pitcher.
- Put some lime juice in a little basin. Add granulated sugar to a different little bowl. Each shot glass 2. should first be coated with lime juice, then with sugar.
- Pour the beverage into shot glasses, then serve.
2 thoughts on “Best #1 Washington Apple Shot”